Sunday, December 02, 2007

Winter weather

They're doing it again. They've been talking for days about it. It's coming. It's coming.

By "they" I mean the people on the news, and by "It" I mean the first snowstorm of the year.

They've been saying it would start at dusk today (Sunday), but we woke up this morning and it was snowing. We thought it would stop. I guess it probably did -- we went to church and it wasn't snowing there. But church is at a lower elevation and it's frequently snowing at our house and not snowing at church. When we got home, it was still snowing, or snowing again -- enough to cover the sidewalk.

Last night my husband said they predicted we'd get anywhere from 7 to 12 inches. Everyone thinks school will be closed. And it's supposed to be windy so the snow will drift and blow and make everyone miserable.

The worst part is that it's garbage night. So there will be garbage cans amongst the snowbanks. What fun!

I want to move south and I want to do it NOW.

No comments: